3.25.2014

Whatcha Eatin' This Week? {3/24-3/30}

Guys, I splurged this week. I really wanted to shop at Trader Joe's for this week's meals, so I did. I was under budget....but I completely strayed from the menu I put together on Sunday. 

Here are the reasons I went simple with this week's menu: 
1) I am super tired and felt that if I bought a bunch of items that I had to cook from scratch, I would fail miserably and waste all the food. We would end up doing carry out or delivery, which would just cost us more money in the long run. Compromise. 
2) The cook this week at work is HUGE. When our week is busy cooking in the kitchen, the very last thing I want to do is spend more time on my feet in my kitchen at home. Compromise. 
3) I really missed TJ's and wanted to roam around a pretty grocery store for a bit. I am a sucker for pretty displays and new items that don't pop up much in a regular store. I cannot wait for the farmer's markets to open in a couple weeks! 

This shop was for dinners, and mostly snacky things for lunches and for being home. I have really felt the urge for cottage cheese and pinapple, greek yogurt, and trail mix. I also grabbed some hummus! We dug into that last night with our Indian food.....yum! 

TJ's Total: $75.07 
Under budget, and scored some pretty good dinners and snacks to get us through the week. Alittle pricey, but worth it in the end. 

****************
Monday- Indian paneer and vindaloo, jasmine rice, naan bread with hummus. 
Tuesday- Pad Sew with vegetable egg rolls. 
Wednesday- Mushroom ravioli, marinara sauce, salads 
Thursday- Apple pancakes 
Friday- Fish Fry (for real this time, we have yet to hit one) 
Saturday- Springfield Miller Reunion 

0 comments:

Post a Comment