3.23.2014

Weekend Update

Snapshots and snippets from the weekend: 
Friday night, Matt and I volunteered at a children's resale event. For "working" 2 hours, we scored $20 bucks in vouchers to purchase items at the event. Boys items were low in comparison to the girls room, but we managed to find some cute outfits. All we had to pay for the clothes above was $1.39 in tax! 
Mom and Dad came over this weekend to work some more on Winston's room. Surprisingly, they also brought the haul from Ikea! I was itching to put something together, so I ripped open the box containing the rolling cart that will sit next to the chair in his nursery. It's so cute and will hold SO much stuff!  
Here's Dad (a.k.a. Grandpa) working on the new wall. 
After they left, we zoomed out to Chesterfield to buy a rocker/swivel chair and ottoman from a guy on craigslist. 
I was craving a smoothie on the way home, but the place we stopped at was already closed at 4:30pm. What?! So, we landed nearby at Fozzie's. They use all fresh ingredients and I splurged for a kiddie sized "Oreo Mint Chocolate" milkshake. They use REAL mint and it made alllllll the difference in the world. It was the perfect size and really hit the spot. 
I hit the 27 week mark on Friday. I am feeling him move ALL the time now, he's really flexing his muscles and running out of room. The pregnancy pants I bought a few months ago are starting to fit now. The panel at the top fits in the front (still gaps in the back) and my pants don't fall down as much anymore. Sleeping has become more difficult this week, heartburn is more prevalent, I am hungry all the time but can't eat much at one sitting or I feel like a stuffed pig, and if I stand too long at work I start waddling when I walk.   

2 comments:

  1. All the discomforts just mean he is growing and preparing to meet you on the outside ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the discomforts just mean he is growing and preparing to meet you on the outside ;)

    ReplyDelete