3.13.2014

ThursDayte Night

Matt and I have been dreaming of starting a garden in the backyard ever since the keys were handed to us at closing day last June. Even though we will have alot on our hands this summer, we are going to attempt to start and grow some food this spring, summer, and fall. How convenient that I passed a sign for a free gardening class that was at 7pm tonight! 
Again, we ended up at an event where we were the youngest by 20+ years. I swear we are going to be the retired couple that goes to Cancun for Spring Break to make up for doing things backwards. 

Anyway, the class was good, long, but good. I wish that we had hit more of the "where to start" topics that I assumed would come out of a class entitled "Veggies 101". We learned things we didn't know already, so the goal of the evening was attained. Next weeks topic is: Herbs! We may hit that one up too. Why not, right? It's free! 

Here are a couple other projects that I have "pinned" in hopes of tackling for the backyard: 
DIY Projects for Gardening
DIY Rain barrel
The website: SproutRobot. Plug in your zipcode and it tells you what to plant and when according to your region. It also tells me that we are behind in the gardening timeline......
beige and orange retro shaped coop
Fingers crossed- our next child(ren), after Winston, will be a flock of ladies running around our backyard. 
Raised Garden Beds from pallets!!!
Keeping cost down by making our raised beds out of recycled lumber or pallets.

What are you dreaming up in your yard this year? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment