1) I am in a state of transition right now...thus no blogging last week. I finished summer school {waiting for my grades to be posted this week...straight A's *fingers crossed*} and lost my daily routine of going to campus. Sleeping in was fully embraced this past week....and has thrown each of my days into a tailspin of nonproductive activity. woopsy
2)I failed every recipe this week. Every.Single.One. Huge blow to my kitchen ego.
Huge. Sigh.
I think it was my overly-excited-attempt to cook a homemade (never made before in my life) dinner every night of the week. Plus training at my new jobs. That's too much for this girl. *mental note to never do that again*
3)This week I will try my hand at one new recipe...and it will hopefully feed us for two days or more. I read a couple blogs about BBQ Jackfruit and it's uncanning resemblence to BBQ pulled pork. Yesterday, I went to Jay's International Market on Grand to wander up and down the aisles in search of this mysterious Jackfruit. FOUND IT! My excitement returned as I bounced out of the store with my new adventurous food.
So there you have it folks.
Goodbye July, Hello August.
{please hold tight for this weeks menu, goals, and a recap of last week's pictures}

0 comments:
Post a Comment