I am supposed to run 2 miles today. Not too bad, right?
WRONG.
It is currently 97 degrees outside with a heat index of 109.
Sigh.
I knew better than to start running in July. Wait...did I? It seems that last year when I got this brainy idea to start running I start in July.
Moron.
Here is the weather for the rest of this week:
I forgot to tell you that we are doing a 1/2 marathon in October instead of the Minnesota one in August. Minnesota would have been awesome and we may put it on the list for 2012 races.
What are we running in October?
If you saw my list of "29 things to-do while I am 29", then you would know that I would like to finish this 1/2 in under 3 hours. I'd take 2:59:59 at this point. I will have to shave 21 minutes off my time since the Princess Half Marathon. Yikes. It's a good thing I will have 1/2 marathon champion and fellow Princess, Katie, to help.
Motivation right now: I have high hopes that the race medal will be in the shape of a cowbell. {nerd}
And that medal...will make number 4 for me this year. The Warrior Dash on October 15th will make number 5.
5 medals in a year. For a girl who started the year with ZERO.
Seriously, start praying for cooler weather.

0 comments:
Post a Comment