7.22.2011

Tonight I ate from a Truck...or two.

 I love this part of the city. Always something going on....always.

Tonight: Food Truck Friday 
@ Tower Grove Park. 

Katie came over to our apartment and we walked across the street, and within minutes we were smack-dab in the middle of food truck heaven.
Papa Tom’s Gateway Dog House
 Southwest Diner
 Seoul the longest line the entire night.
Our plan next time is to go straight there. #1 on the list to try in August.
*they win 'best truck design' in my book.

 We made a loop of what each truck was offering first, then went back to order
First up:
We went to Mangia to try their "caprese panini".
It was good. But the instant I saw the basket, I was bummed. This sandwich is exactly what I made at home the other night! Dang it.

Second batter: 
Jalapeno Hushpuppies from Southwest Diner. 
 HOLY HUSHPUPPY. 
Ah-mazing. I could have easily eaten all of these by myself. Sadly I shared them.

 Beverage selection: 
Basil limeade from Cha Cha Chow
 Beyond delightful. Perfect drink on a 106 degree heat index evening.

Dessert: 
Strawberry jam CAKE PUSH-UP POP! 
 *this is true excitement..and joy*
 Brilliant. Delicious. Sugar rush. 
Layers: strawberry cake, strawberry jam, cream cheese icing.
Katie quickly ate her melting brownie and chocolate ice cream sandwich. yummo.

With our stomachs full, and pockets empty, we waddled back to the apartment. 

Go ahead and do yourself a favor and put August 19th on your calendar for the next Food Truck Friday

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, holy St. Louis yumminess!!! Is this a new thing? I can't say enough how much I miss that town. Next time visit the Schlafly stand for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like you really loved the hushpuppies. Happy to hear! Make sure you say come and say hi in August.

    ReplyDelete