7.24.2011

Whatchaeatin'? {July 24-29}

 We shopped Soulard Market Saturday morning instead of the Tower Grove Market. I felt like I was cheating on the farmers at TGFM, but due to our funds, it was a smarter move. Soulard:bag of flaxseed,6 cups risotto rice, couscous, one onion, one sweet potato, head of leaf lettuce, bundle of spinach, and a chunk of parmesan. Total: $19 ($11 of that was rice, flax,and couscous)
Our CSA this week brought variety. 8 tomatoes, 2 eggplant, 4 zucchini, 1/4lb of chanterelle mushrooms, 4 green peppers, curry lentil dip, and 2 chocolate chip cookies.

Our menu for this week: 
Sunday: stuffed peppers 
Monday: eggplant rollatini 
Tuesday: mushroom risotto *matt's fav*
Wednesday: sweet potato&black bean tortilla
Thursday: homemade pizza 
Friday: tbd
Saturday: friends in town! 

Tonight's stuffed pepper were a hit. Too lazy and tired to post the recipe. I will do that tomorrow..and share a couple past recipes that I failed to post. 

Good night!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment