7.18.2011

On the table: Monday



MMMmmmmmmMMM...cooking is fun. 

Matt and I teamed up in the kitchen Monday night and whipped up a delicious dinner. Beth sent me a new cookbook for my birthday and I have been cooking some amazing vegan dishes from it ever since. Tonight we tried out the Black Bean Burgers. 




As fun as it is to make new recipes, it is even more fun for me to learn new cooking skills. I know it's not rocket science, but I finally succeeded at soaking and cooking my own dry black beans! 
m.o.n.e.y-s.a.v.e.r.
Matt chopped and seasoned these beautiful potatoes for roasting....and he shucked and seasoned the corn on the cob too. Good man. Very, very good man.
So Incredibly Easy Black Bean Burgers 

1 (15 ounce) can of black beans, drained 
3 tablespoons minced onions
1 teaspoon salt 
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder 
2 teaspoons parsley 
1 teaspoon chili powder 
2/3 cup flour 
canola oil for frying

1. Process the black beans in the food processor until partially blended 
2. Place black beans in a medium bowl. Add in the onions and all spices. Mash with a fork to combine. 
3. Add the flour slowly, continuing to mask with a fork. Form into 6 patties. 
4. In a medium skillet over medium heat, add oil. Cook black bean patties for 3 minutes on each side. You don't want them soft on the inside, so make certain to cook them for the full 6 minutes.
Oh yeah...chowing down at the Miller table.

0 comments:

Post a Comment