8.09.2011

Happy Birthday, Matt Miller!

We are going up to Springfield this weekend to celebrate Matt's birthday with his parents. We will also get to hit the Illinois State Fair, which we haven't been able to do for a couple years. I am rather excited to see how many new food options they have in the "on a stick" category. Man, I love good fair food! 

Tuesday night I gathered a small group of friends to grab some Horseshoes and to see Captain America at our favorite movie theater. It was an awesome evening....nice weather, excellent food, and a movie that all the boys were excited to see. {the ladies were excited as well..I on the other hand may, or may not, have fallen asleep twothree times}

The idea of the "horseshoe" was foreign to most of our friends that evening. It was a great opportunity to win over some new followers. And that we did! 
 The Birthday Boy went with the classic hamburger horseshoe. 
 You are probably wondering, "What would Courtney eat at this joint?". Glad you asked! They had two, TWO, vegetarian options. Which, if you ask me, was pretty impressive. You can't really tell in these pictures, but I ordered the portabella mushroom (on the left) and Isaac ordered the veggie burger (on the right). We both cleaned our plates....so that should give you an idea of how good they were. 
Looks like Matt cleaned his plate, too! 

Our waitress asked who's birthday it was...and then came out with this: 
Introducing the "Birthday Cake Shot". 
This sucker SMELLED like a piece of birthday cake. I have no idea how that happened. 
Chased with a lemon..he gave it a thumbs up! 

Happy St. Louis style birthday! 

We make 29 look good.

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday Matt!! We're planning on making a trip to the fair tomorrow (Saturday). Maybe we'll see you there! Unless it's raining :(.

    ReplyDelete