8.29.2011

Hit rewind....

Before I start with the present, I would like to fill in you on the past. 

Whoa...just last week. Quick and painless. A couple pictures, short stories, simple. 

August 19-August 28th 

8/19- We hit up Food Truck Friday at Tower Grove Park. OH.MY.GOODNESS. The word obviously got out, and everyone and their dog, brother,sister, aunt, cousin, pastor, grandparents, long lost friends showed up. It was unbelievably packed. We had gathered a small group of friends to go with us and I was so embarrassed at how long the lines were. I love getting a group of friends together, but I turn into the worry wart if someone is not having a good time. We stood around for about an hour, the food trucks started running out of food, and I saw the looks of frustration on several faces. I crafted a new plan. "Hey guys...let's walk over to Sandrina's, sit down, and have a real meal that we don't have to wait around forever to get." Everyone gladly agreed...I was eager to get some food in my belly and to try a new place close to our apartment. 
I had the falafel slider with sweet potato fries. This little dude was tiny but mighty filling. 
We will definitely be going back to try the other vegetarian options they had on the menu.

8/20- We traveled to the Illinois side to see my Mom run her first official 5K. Piece of cake for this little lady that has 2 sprint-TRIs under her belt already this summer. Hecker, IL hosts the Tiki Trot 5k each year. Their unique spin is running a course lit by tiki torches in the dark. Pretty awesome! 
 Who's #1?!?

 8/22- Fall semester started! Which makes sense as to why I slowed down on my blog posts. Phew..it was a busy week. Monday- Food Science Lecture, Tuesday- Nutrition through the Life Cycle, Wednesday- Food Science Lab. I snapped a quick picture of what our kitchens whipped up on the first day of lab: 
Pasta w/ broccoli and fancy cheese, grilled eggplant-squash-zucchini, caprese salad.

8/25- It is save to say that I am officially a CSA junkie. We are now supporting two separate CSA programs. Overboard, alittle. Totally awesome, ABSOLUTELY! It keeps my food budget down, I don't have to go to the grocery store except for necessary staples, and it makes me happy! 
Do you see those FIGS?! I have never had a fig in my life. Wow. Maude's CSA on the left, new CSA on the right. Needless to say, we are sitting pretty in the department of fresh, local produce. Glory.

8/27- Started off the morning at a Whole Foods couponing class. I failed to take any pictures. But I can tell you that it was awesome. I'm excited to see how much money I can save! Cha-ching. After the class, I got to hang out with this baby chunk: 
 Doesn't she melt your heart? I wish my phone took good pictures....She's a whole new definition of cute.

After babysitting, we headed to Iuka for a farewell to 9063 Allen Road. That's right friends, the Iuka house finally sold. After my poor parents patiently waited 5 or so years for someone to buy the house, they are finally townspeople. Salem is their new home. I was alittle emotional but it's going to be so nice to shave 30 minutes off our travel time. I suggested to Matt that we should camp out on the back porch for a proper farewell. He was nice enough to humor me. I'm glad we did it, but man am I sore! I got to shoot 2 last turtles, help pack up some of what was left at the house, and say goodbye to my childhood home of 13 years.

Phew..I think that pretty much gets us caught up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment