I found all these amazing quotes on pinterest.
After a miserable return to "running" tonight. {104 degree heat index at 8:30pm. What? How is that possible?!}
Anyway, we have been patiently trying to wait out the 100 degree weather for the past two weeks and finally gave up tonight. I had high hopes of surviving a 3 mile run (as my training schedule had outlined for today). Survive, I did. But cut it short. There was huge victory in the fact that I ran an entire mile before slowing for a drink. Rounded a corner, walked for a couple minutes, attempted to run uphill when I heard my stomach say, "woman,if you don't stop running, I am about to pour the contents of your intestines all down your legs!" I listened, slowed to a walk, and yelled to matt that we would be going home early.
Stupid stomach.
We power walked the rest of the way home. I tried my hardest not to feel the sting of defeat. After all, it was over 100 degrees, we hadn't ran in over 2 weeks, I did run an entire mile without stopping, and ran/walked 2.36 miles farther than I wanted to tonight.
I will do this.





0 comments:
Post a Comment