8.05.2011

Operation empty it.

I haven't started out strong with my meal documentation. I have been eating. Just not capturing them until after I finish the last bite. 

Am I allowed a grace period? 

Anyway, this morning was "Operation: Use What We Still Got in The Fridge and Cabinet". It was fun...and delicious. 

Breakfast: 
Toads in a Hole 
Thank you for cooking breakfast, Matt! 
 
Mid-Morning Snack: 
 watermelon
&
freshly popped popcorn 
(from the seed, on the stove, so good)

Lunch was an interesting combination. While scanning the refrigerator and cabinet, I noticed we had two whole-wheat pitas, a couple spoonfuls of lentil curry dip, 5 slicer tomatoes, couscous, freshly shaved parmeson cheese, a sad bit of leaf lettuce, 5 cherry tomatoes, and some red onion. 
{light bulb}  

Lunch: 
Salad: leaf lettuce, diced cherry tomato, a couple slices of red onion, a smidge of parm cheese, and italian dressing. 
Oven-roasted tomatoes with shaved parm cheese, oregano, and olive oil. 
Whole-wheat pita with lentil curry dip spread, and couscous.

You.
Must. 
Try. 
These. 
Tomatoes. 
Baked Parmesan Tomatoes 

  • 4 tomatoes, halved horizontally
  • 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • Freshly ground pepper, to taste
  • 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil 

{prepare yourself for how simple this is}

  1. Preheat oven to 450° F.
  2. Place tomatoes cut-side up on a baking sheet. Top with Parmesan, oregano, salt and pepper. Drizzle with oil and bake until the tomatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
 
Now, I am off to wake Mr. Miller from his afternoon nap so we can get our lazy butts out of this house.

0 comments:

Post a Comment