8.16.2011

"YOU CAN!" Strikes Again {8/14}

With a decent 3 mile run under my belt on Friday, I was still worried when I saw Sunday's 7 mile long run on the calendar. I was excited and nervous at the same time. How is it that I can love and hate running? 

7 weeks until half marathon #2. I wanted to start doing long runs along the route in St. Charles. I wanted to pick a flatter part of the route, and a public, well visible section. Miles 5-9 are routed through New Town, so we decided to drive out there and do our long run in creepy-ville. 

I forgot to grab a marker before we left, so my motivational wrist note was written in pink highlighter instead. I kinda like it in different colors: 
 We didn't end up having time to do 7 miles. We got lost a couple times on our way out there. We were trying to drive the route from the starting line, and got turned around a couple times. Whoopsy. 
We decided upon an even 6 miles, said our prayers, and started running. I made it the first TWO miles WITHOUT stopping! That, my friends, hasn't happened in months. We walked for a little bit to catch my breath, and then ran another mile, walked a little bit, and then ran another 1.25 miles, walked to catch my breath, ran some more, walked for a minute or two, and finished the last half mile.
 I had to plank on this frog. Had to. 
I have stopped Matt on several occasions while we have been out running lately by saying "I want to plank on that!". He normally shakes his head and says no. However, after I impressed his socks off by running the majority of 6 miles {out of nowhere}, he gladly snapped my picture.
 Too bad this wasn't on my list of things to-do while 29. Oh well. Free fun.

On the way back to the apartment, Matt had a craving for Smoothie King...odd...but I gave it a try and now I am glad there isn't one close to our house or I.would.be.in.trouble.
 I had the Green Tea Tango with Strawberries. 
Yummmmo. 
It gave me enough energy to make it through a 6 hour shift at my gold-nametag-job...but burning almost 800 calories on that miraculous 6 mile run left me STARVING by the time I left work. 
Lessons learned: 
1)I CAN!
2)Pack snacks and lunch on long run days BEFORE going on the run. Duh.

1 comment:

  1. i love that you wrote YOU CAN on your wrist. awesomeness :)

    ReplyDelete